Drag Reducer Technology
The Omni DRA-2008 is designed to help solve material transfer problems commonly found in the oil & gas industry. The product was developed and patented over several years of actual field trials and has worked very well in all types of crude pipelines to help improve flow and lower back pressure. The Omni DRA-2008 addresses flow restrictions in oil pipelines from several different directions to help reduce the energy required to transport the liquid. This multi-faceted approach has led to very positive results in all types of crude systems that are flow restricted.
Other common drag reducers on the market are typically made up of long-chain polymers. While these very thick products can help improve flow in certain systems, they are not able to achieve the desired results in systems with heavy deposits or paraffin build up. These long-chain polymers are also prone to the molecules shearing easily and thus losing the ability to reduce turbulent flow. Here are some of the many advantages of Omni DRA-2008 over traditional drag-reducing agents.
- Omni DRA-2008 molecules are shear stable and return to their original structure very quickly when high shear (like in pipeline pumps) does occur. This provides much longer and farther reaching benefits to help reduce system drag and promote laminar flow conditions with above normal Reynolds numbers.
- Ability to dissolve and remove paraffin (or even heavy asphaltenes) that builds up in the pipelines.
- Proprietary blend in Omni DRA-2008 also provides friction modifiers that bond and coat the actual surfaces to provide sustained drag reduction.
- The polar nature of Omni DRA-2008 helps to form micelles, which disrupt the turbulent flow conditions and allow for improved flow.
- Unlike long-chain polymer-based products that require special equipment to pump and not shear the polymers, Omni DRA-2008 can be pumped using standard injection pumps.
- Omni DRA-2008 is non-corrosive to any system metallurgy.
- Hydrocarbon based formulation does not adversely impact downstream system equipment and operations.
- Omni DRA-2008 can also be used in rail car and oil tanker crude transfer systems to help remove heavy deposits and restrictions while improve flow characteristics.